Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fearfully and Wonderfully made..

Ever wondered how we were born..
How we came into being?
How we became perfectly functional and intricately designed ?

Here is something that led me to think......
It occurred to me from the lives of John the Baptist and Jesus Christ that an angel came and named them even before they were “conceived” !

The angel tells Zechariah 'Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to give him the name John' -Luke 1:13
The angel tells Mary 'You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus' -Luke 1:31

To cite a few more examples on God's calling of people by name even before they were born or concieved..

A man of God cries out against the altar by the word of the LORD : "O altar, altar! This is what the LORD says: 'A son named Josiah will be born to the house of David. '
-1 Kings 13:1-2

Coincidence?
Here's one more :)

Isaiah prophesies about a king called Cyrus like this :

The Lord says of Cyrus, ‘He is My shepherd, And he shall perform all My pleasure, Saying to Jerusalem, “You shall be built,” And to the temple, “Your foundation shall be laid.” '
- from Isaiah 44:2,28

By the way Cyrus wasn't even born at that time! This is before Israel's capture by Babylon and Cyrus is the king of Persia who defeats the Babylonian empire.

The word of the prophet is brought to pass in Ezra 1:1

'Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying…….'

and the former prophesy about Josiah is fulfilled in 2 Kings 22 and 2 Kings 23:16

'As Josiah turned, he saw the tombs that were there on the mountain. And he sent and took the bones out of the tombs and burned them on the altar, and defiled it according to the word of the LORD which the man of God proclaimed, who proclaimed these words.'

It struck me that God knows every man and woman, not just by face, but by name and not just afer but even before we are born, which means not one is an accident but the very purposeful creation of God.

'You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.

My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.

And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them. '
-Psalm 139 : 13-16

This is what God says..........

'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you ...'

-Jeremiah 1:4,5

Praises be to this God, our Maker, our designer...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chin...this is just great!! May God use you for His glory in many more ways...God bless yu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dear, this is so true. His works are so marvelous and awsome that it cannot be compared to anything else. Really wonderful thougth to share. God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers