Thursday, August 27, 2009

Jesus took their place too

The Lord took my place on the cross. All of my sinful deeds, all my wrongs, all my unknown mistakes, all that proclaim me “guilty”.
And when the Father in heaven looks at me on the day of Judgment, instead of proclaiming me “guilty”, He points to Jesus, who took my place on the cross, and proclaims Him guilty instead of me…
He sees me as Holy through His Son, and Free of condemnation, because Jesus took my sin in His Body upon that cross.

This is something that is so good to be true and the solid ground on which all(who believe) stand firmly, facing life and death fearlessly and joyfully!!!

Jesus asked me to put Him in place of another person (whom I was not able to forgive). And even when I imagined to myself that it was Jesus who the offender was(a substitution), I saw that I was unable to forgive……….not able to forgive the One who forgave all my filth; upon that Cross!

Then I tried changing the topic and told the Lord….Lord! Sheesh, You forgave ALL my sin and even if it is You who did this to me, I am not able to forgive! But Lord……You wouldn’t do it!!

But the Lord corrected me and said, “Yes, I did ‘the so and so deed’ ”

So now the ball was in my court. To forgive or not to forgive. It was no longer anyone else we are talking about, it was my Loving Savior Himself………I told the Lord, “Ok Lord, I will forgive, how can I Not forgive You?” Forgiving the Lord Himself took an effort !! :(

And from there, I did not know how to so easily forgive and allow the other to be forgiven-u know without the usual pouting and outburst and all! So easily give in without a fight?
So for a starter, I did not pout and fight, and God honored my decision. He made things easy for me and no black residues of anger or bitterness or hurt were left behind. A second time, again I was to repeat this lesson (as the same situation occurred) and again, God gave great will power and grace ! Then I got to thinking, I wouldn’t be surprised if these things happen again, God sure doesn’t let go of me halfway through a lesson :) and I praise the Lord! :)

A beautiful thing the Lord showed me after these is that, the Father looks at Jesus and says, “You are guilty”, and it is my sin that the Father is attributing to His sinless Son.
When the Lord asked me to look at something a person did, as though He did it, He was asking me to do the same thing the Father did FOR me…It gave me forgiveness, and freed me! What if the Father told what I told the Lord ………………..“I know You wouldn’t do it!” or worse "You didn't do it" ?

Jesus took even the sins of those who sin against us, upon Himself…
Praise be to Lord God the Father, through Jesus Christ, His Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers