Monday, September 19, 2011

Daring to love, like Jesus Loves me

It takes everything in me to love others like Jesus loves me!... Without remembering my previous wrongs or looking at my present flaws. Every time He shows some sinfulness in me, I wonder, ‘Is this how Jesus loved me? Despite this ugly sin ?’

But that is not the way I love people! I can’t love them if they have hurt me or wronged me in any way.
“Forgiving” is ok. But….don’t ask me to ‘Love’ them!

But…that is what Jesus is doing …loving me while I am yet a sinner, with sins undefeated and undealt within me(pride, envy, self, just to name a few and not to forget the sins He has already shown me and brought me through )… He continues His work in me, in love!

Just the other day, when I was sensing a block in loving someone, the message came pretty clear – Love like Jesus loved you.. That is the toughest thing to do! Nothing about that person has changed! Yet, God is asking me to love him/her...
But it’s easy to see ‘how’, because that is ‘how’ I have seen Jesus loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers